Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[Interview] SHINee Interview on Asian Place July 2011 – Part 2

- Your debut song Replay is the Japanese version of your song released in Korea in 2008. How did you feel singing it again in Japanese?

Onew: I think we find its charm again and again every time we listen to it. The charm doesn’t change even when we sing it in Japanese.

Jonghyun: That’s why the song is titled Replay (laugh).

Onew: Right! Once you listen to it, you can’t get out of it.

- The song conveys this feeling of being sorry because she doesn’t know your heart, feeling tender toward her, and feeling true affection. What did you pay attention to when your recorded it?

Jonghyun: First, I paid attention to Japanese pronunciations. I was very worried if I couldn’t deliver the lyrics well, so I checked with our Japanese teacher and Japanese staff while recording. It was our first time recording in Japanese, so frankly I didn’t know how Japanese emotion is different from Korean, but I tried to express the feelings.

Onew: I tried to express the feeling of fluttering heart.

Key: Because we had to express feelings in a different language, I tried to make it sound as natural as possible. I recorded it checking on my pronunciations with Japanese staff.

Minho: It has a different feel from the Korean version we have sung for 3 years, so it wasn’t easy, but I tried to express the feelings.

Taemin: In the Japanese lyrics, we are more matured, so I sang in a lower and stronger voice to express it.

- I see it is so touching because of such efforts. What part is your favorite?

Onew: I like the part “Replay Replay” as in the title.

Minho: I also like the part and all of it.

Jonghyun: The last bridge part.

Key: The ending part with each member’s adlibs. The rap and Taemin’s dance part.

Taemin: Thanks (laugh). I like the intro part.

- The Replay M/V is on the DVD. Did you have any impressive episodes while filming it?

Jonghyun: A special technique was used for this m/v.

Taemin: Yes, some parts were shot with a matrix camera.

Minho: The matrix was used for my and Taemin’s parts. It was very interesting. It was our first time filming a music video in Japanese, so we had a hard time in close-up scenes showing our lips. The member who made many mistakes is…

Jonghyun: Isn’t it Taemin?

Taemin: Uh, me? But I tried hard (laugh). We filmed in Paju, Korea, the same place we filmed the m/v for our Korean debut single Noona Is So Pretty, so it was more meaningful.

Onew: Right. We were deeply moved because we filmed the m/v for our Japanese debut single in the same place where we filmed our first m/v. I felt we are making a new start.

-What memories do you have of the year 2008 when you released this song in Korea?

Key: I still remember I practiced this song with members until early morning hours.

Jonghyun: we practiced all day. I still remember how hard we practiced.

- Tell me what impression you had when you listened to the couple song Hello, and what you like most.

Jonghyun: It was a calm and warm song. And the first thought that came to my mind when I listened to this song first time was “Ah, this song is really difficult” because we’d have to sing it (laugh).

Minho: I thought the beat was very new and interesting.

Taemin: It has a light feel and matches the lyrics very well.

- Say your goodbye messages to Japanese fans.

Onew: Please, cheer for us as we are debuting in Japan. There are many people who suffered from the earthquake. We will be happy to be of help with our songs and performances. We’ll do our best.

Key: We are all looking forward to our debut in Japan. We are studying Japanese for our debut. We’d like to show our SHINee-like music and performance to Japanese fans as soon as possible. Please, cheer for us.

Taemin: We’re now at the change of seasons, so take care not to catch a cold! See you in Japan!

Korean Trans: 빵빵타@DC Shinee Gallery
English Trans: Jujugal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...